Monday, May 10, 2010

Marathon

I ran the Fredericton Marathon yesterday - specifically, the 10K. I paid $45 dollars for the privilege of causing myself a great deal of pain very early in the day, followed by being given a medal for completing the course...



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bit of buyer's remorse here, but at least I proved to myself I could do it. I made decent time, too - exactly 1 hour, start to finish.

There were shorter course options, like the 5K. There were also longer ones; the 21K half-marathon, and the 42K full-marathon, but I don't hate myself enough to consider doing either of those.

I was a little worried about my left knee yesterday; after the marathon, it was giving off a painful grinding sensation. However, when I woke up today it seemed fine, so that's a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment