Friday, October 22, 2010

100 Posts!

This is the hundredth post I've made on my blog.

Um... Yay, me?

Sadly, I still don't have any completed arts... But I can show off the stages I've gone through with my current art project, trying to design a neighbourhood I call Ghost Town:

Here's the initial sketch.
After that, I decide on my palette and get all my flat colours set down.  (This one I've shown before...)


Next, I start adding the big details.  (You may notice I've changed the dimensions of the barber shop and lamp post on the left side of the painting.)


And then I start zooming in on the little details (at this point, mostly the brick-work in the buildings.)


And that's where I am now.  I've still got a long way to go before it's done, though.

* * * *

And in other news, the premier is already starting to talk about school-related cutbacks - and has already frozen the Early Adopter School Initiative.  That's the program for getting laptops into classrooms throughout the province.  Ain't that just swell?

No comments:

Post a Comment