Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Census Woes

Honestly, I don't think I can remember the last time in Canada a government did something that was so universally condemned pretty much across the board (well, minus party hardliners - aka douchebags) as a bad move. More than 200 groups oppose this change; only 3 are in support of it.

But that's what Harper's done, and it looks like he's going to get his way.

It irks me. This was done with no public input and he ignored the massive public condemnation in an almost gleeful manner. I mean, sure, it's par for the course for Harper - he's evil, after all - but it's just so blatant. Again, though, that's no surprise - he's been just as blatant in the past.

He's the only Canadian politician in living memory whom I've ever described unironically as evil. I really hope that some commentators are correct in their prediction that voters will remember this come next election, and future governments will restore the census to its proper form.

No comments:

Post a Comment